Friday, September 11, 2009

Loving it

Running this week has been phenomenal.  No joke.  I've had some quicker runs, around 8:13 pace.  I've had some longer runs, as much as 4.2 miles on Monday.  I've had some rainy runs, which are my favorite thing ever.  But none of that would make the week phenomenal.  The biggest difference this week is that I'm feeling a bit of a challenge, but it's not in my knee.  I'm finally getting to the point where I feel it in my muscles again, and it's great!

I'm not tracking my miles as adamently as I previously did, but I'm up to 10-ish miles this week and have another run scheduled for Sunday.  Tomorrow I'm debating finding a local 5k to go watch, maybe see some old friends or make some new ones (Comet makes that surprisingly easy).  I'd like to see how Comet does around bigger crowds too, he hasn't had that experience yet.

Also, I went to Petsmart today to pick up more treats for Comet.  We ran into one of the trainers, AJ, and got to talking.  He was so impressed with Comet at his age and said that with not much more work I could train him for his Canine Good Citizen (CGC).  I read over the requirements, and he's actually remarkably close to meeting most of them.  And best of all, everything they require are things that are great for him to know, too.  If I end up getting into Agility, CGC is a great base to build off of!

Tonight we're heading to the dog park for the first time, since Comet got his last shots yesterday.  Supposedly they were going to knock him on his butt for a while, but he slept for an hour and was back to normal.  So, as soon as sleepy head wakes up, it's time for him to herd up some new friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment