Monday, September 7, 2009

Good runs and "OH MY GOD DID SOMEONE SAY STICK?!"

It's been a good couple of days.

I had family come into town to visit this weekend.  Had a barbecue, went to a comedy club, saw a movie, and spent time together.  I've also gotten a few good runs in recently, peaked by today's 4.2 miles in the rain.  And damn do I LOVE running in the rain!  It was my longest run in a while, and I felt so refreshed when it was over.  The down side?  My shoes are soaked through because when I run in the rain I act a little like a puddle-obsessed five year old.

Over the past few days, Comet has developed an obsession with sticks.  Almost every walk we go on he ends up finding a new stick to bring home, and right now we have 5 or 6 sitting outside the door.  In a few weeks I have a feeling every stick in a mile radius will be piled high outside my apartment.  They make good, cheap toys to play fetch with too, so I'm not complaining!  He's been doing a lot better with fetch lately, it makes it a lot easier to tire him out.

In other news, my project for school is going great too.  We got a few new really bright students to join the team and everything seems a lot more manageable without going insane; always a plus!

Nic - Good luck on breaking 3 hours!  What day is the race?

Reid - It sounds like we're in a similar boat.  I've been holding my distance pretty steady, with extremely gradual increases.  However, the seconds have been dropping pretty quick!  My 5k time went from 27 minutes to 25 minutes in the past week or two, and that's without risking too much with my knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment